Thought I heard something outside of my 2nd story bathroom. Where I live it's pretty common since the houses are really close together. Perfect opportunity for some Training (tm) Commence operation WHAT THE FUC* WAS THAT!?!?!?!
Mission brief: Defensive forces will begin in status oblivious and must get to the supply point, designated bedroom and obtain standard equipment. Then they will conduct a low light perimeter patrol.
Likey opposing forces: Random suburban animals such as stray cats or probably just noisy neighbors.
1. Footwear needed retrieved from under dresser. Slip on shoes relocated to nightstand drawer.
2. Easy access safe also proved easy to obstruct with random stuff. DERP!
3. Flashlight while operational should have been recharged. Eye sear setting was disabled due to lowish battery.
4. Gunbelt needs to be made up and put in a place where it won't be buried by stuff. I'm not going all seal team food court but Holster/Mag carrier/flashlight/blowout kit/Pepper spray/cell phone deal would be a good idea. Having a holster for when the patrol was completed would have been preferable.
4b Cell phone does not need to be activated to call 911. Just needs to be charged.
1. Habit of leaving previous day's pants/shorts at the ready meant patrol was not conducted in boxers.
2. Quick access gunsafe means loaded firearms where kept at hand.
3. Motion sensor lights where a good idea. They would have indicated recent movement and more light is usually a good thing. More lights might be on order soon.
4. Backup large maglight style flashlight kept by the backdoor.
But but? why don't you have an AR and level IV body armor ready to go? Don't you operate bro?
no....I really don't anticipate running into anything that a good flashlight in the eyes and harsh language won't resolve. Failing that $handgun should be enough for 99.999% of scenarios. That being said I do live really close to a big city that has seen antifa/occupy activity and do plan accordingly.
I'm just glad the local chapter of occupy was a bunch of dunderheads (I sorta knew two of them that where charged) and when they tried to blow up a bridge they failed. pro tip ...never buy your explosives from the FBI.